Danh sách các từ vựng + ideas liên quan đến chủ đề ADVERTISING & MEDIA
Word family của “advertise”
Advertise (verb): to make a product or service become well-known in order to increase sales
Advertising (noun) [U]: ngành quảng cáo/ hoạt động quảng cáo
- The advertising industry/business/sector
- TV/online/radio advertising
- Advertising campaign/strategy
- Advertising costs/budget/revenue
- Advertising company/group
- Consumer advertising (noun): quảng cáo nhắm đến đối tượng người tiêu dùng
- Many products nowadays are mainly marketed through consumer advertising to create brand loyalty and pre-sell the product.
- Mass advertising campaign: chiến dịch quảng cáo đại chúng
Advertisement (noun) [C]: bài quảng cáo/ post quảng cáo (infml US: ad/ infml UK: advert)
- a television/newspaper advertisement for a new car
Paraphrase of Advertisements
advertising/marketing and promotional/commercial activities/practices.
- negative/positive brand reputation: danh tiếng thương hiệu tiêu cực/ tích cực
- product transparency: tính minh bạch của sản phẩm
- consumer protection: bảo vệ người tiêu dùng
- persuasion attempts of advertisers: các nỗ lực thuyết phục mua hàng của nhà quảng cáo
- commercial impulse: ngẫu hứng mua hàng
- commercial and informative purposes of advertising: các mục đích thương mại và thông tin của quảng cáo
Positives of Advertising
- To be one of the most significant parts of modern business
- To build/create/increase/raise consumer/customer awareness: xây dựng/gia tăng nhận biết của người tiêu dùng/khách hàng về 1 doanh nghiệp và sản phẩm/dịch vụ của nó
- Advertising on relevant websites is an efficient way of raising customer awareness of your business.
- To provide more information of products and choices for customers
- Without advertisements, consumers would have less choices and lack of information about products.
Negatives of Advertising
- The overuse and the misuse of advertisements
- The overdramatisation in advertisements
- Deceptive and untruthful claims / False and misleading advertisements
- Make consumers purchase undesirable products, or at unreasonable prices
- The persuasive intent of advertisements can encourage people to buy more items than they really need/ than their real needs.
- People are persuaded to associate latest trends or certain brands with a higher status
Measures to protect consumers
- Governments protect consumers
- To exert more control over advertising contents
- To stipulate and implement strict consumer protection laws and regulations
- To limit the time allocated to commercial content
- Consumers have self-protection
- To develop an understanding of the product that they are searching for and how this product is valued
- To search for and read carefully the information of products, as well as reviews after purchase of other buyers
- To build sufficient personal cognitive defences to protect against advertisers' persuasion attempts
- Parents protect their children
- Most children are particularly vulnerable to persuasive intent / techniques of television and online advertising
- Should give instructive guidance to their children by discussing and explaining the persuasive intent of advertisements
- To restrict and supervise the amount or kind of content that their children view
- To create and build up children's cognitive defences against advertisers' persuasion attempts
Describe the world under the influence of advertising
- People nowadays are surrounded by advertising/marketing and promotional/commercial activities.
- It is admitted that people are living in a highly sophisticated marketing environment.
- The increasingly high frequency of television and online advertisements for these products has clearly shown persuasion attempts of advertisers.
Describe media nowadays
- Media nowadays mainly focuses on news updates and amusement/ entertainment rather than serves the educational purpose.
- Media should and can be entertaining and educational.
- People are surrounded by dramatic news and shocking headlines shown on social media
- The increasingly-high need of humans in amusement and stress-free activities
- Journalism these days is oriented towards negative headlines to grab the public's attention.
Media with positive contents
- good news could convey inspiring life messages and influence viewers to have positive living attitude
- if most contents of social media lean towards positive stories, readers will be encouraged to stay optimistic, supportive and faithful
- in terms of education, stories mentioned great achievements of humans will, to a certain extent, motivate others to study and discover the world.
- having more good news publicised on the social media would admittedly bring more positives to human life
Media with negative contents
- helps people to stay aware of problems around them and take actions accordingly
- shocking headlines can easily draw the attention of the public, so using them as a tool to raise public’s awareness regarding social matters or global issues would be the best way
- articles about concerning problems also play an important role as a call to action on tackling social issues.